Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • laywin
    Participant
    #53022 |

The label has come a long way in the last decade, and though now I may think back on my brief teenage tryst with Men’s/Women/s UGG Boots as just another encounter with a fad, I must admit that I kind of want a pair again. The terry-cloth sweatpants are long gone and so are the pleated miniskirts, but maybe I’ll give the fuzzy footwear another shot. And who knows, maybe the current ugly-chic shoe craze on the runway will give rise to Ugg revamps from brands like Balenciaga or Christopher Kane. I may not really, really need them like I used to, but there’s still that certain something about them that I want, rational or not.

Imagen

It doesn’t take a sartorial genius to figure out why. We’ve been in a perpetual state of lockdown for months on end, the whims of fashion have largely given way to the joys of comfort—particularly on the footwear front. UGG Boots Sneakers When you’re on Zoom, no one can see your unappealing choice of footwear, so why not make it comfortable? I’m more compelled, I guess, by the intentional flaunting of one’s Ugg boots.

UGG Boots Cheap Supermodels are largely aware when they’re being photographed, co-ordinating with paparazzi to showcase outfits that have been styled by professionals—it’s part of the machinery of upholding their image as tastemakers, and generally quite a different beast to the unbridled madness of tabloid journalism seen in the recent Britney Spears documentary. What are models trying to say by showing off their love for Ugg boots—clunky “house slippers” that have been, in some cases (like Emily Ratajkowski) styled with an otherwise-aspirational outfit (leather blazer, hoop earrings).

The next day I got dressed for school. I put on a pleated Burberry tartan skirt, a polo shirt, and my fresh-out-of-the-box UGG Boots For Sale, the boot rolled over at the top, just like Kate’s. Some mornings I’d slip them over awkwardly cut bootleg jeans or—like princess Paris—use them to accessorize my Juicy Couture tracksuit. This wardrobe cycle lasted for around a year or so until, as was inevitable, I grew out of my Ugg phase. Today, there’s a big, shiny stand-alone Ugg store across the street from where my mom lives, and the brand now offers bags, blankets, rugs, and apparel.

However, it wasn’t long before the fashion media began to call time on Shop UGG Boots. Practically every high street store had begun knocking off the boot and the market was rife with counterfeits (customs officials were confiscating tens of thousands of pairs of fake Ugg boots each year). Severe market saturation meant that, over time, the boot came to be associated with pink velour tracksuits as much as supermodels. To make matters worse, the warm winter of 2011 contributed to disappointing results in the brand’s key selling season. Sheepskin costs also shot up due to a contracting global supply and increased demand.

http://www.neufboots.com

zainahkhan
    Participant
    #53035 |
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  zainahkhan.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.