Na službenom blogu Blizzard je najavio da u novoj sezoni dolaze nove mape i velike izmjene u načinu rada nekih jedinica, posebice Swarm Hosta. To bi trebalo uvesti malo svježine u scenu dok ne dođe Legacy of the Void. Izmjene:
- Swarm Host
- Cost modified from 200 Minerals and 100 Vespene to 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene
- Supply cost increased from 3 to 4
- Movement speed increased from 2.25 to 2.95
- Swarm Hosts now require the Burrow research in order to burrow
- Swarm Hosts no longer collide with Locusts
- Spawn Locusts – This ability has been reworked
- Auto-cast removed, Spawn Locusts must now be manually cast.
- Spawn Locusts cooldown increased from 25 seconds to 60 seconds
- Casting Spawn Locusts no longer requires a Swarm Host to be burrowed
- Weapon speed increased from .8 to .6
- Locust duration increased from 15 seconds (+10 seconds with Enduring Locusts) to 25 seconds
- Infestation Pit
- Enduring Locusts – This upgrade has been removed
- New upgrade: Flying Locusts – Allows Locusts spawned by Swarm Hosts to fly. Flying Locusts can use Swoop to land and attack
- Requires Lair
- Cost is 200 Minerals, 200 Vespene, 160 seconds
- Allows Locusts spawned by Swarm Hosts to fly. Flying Locusts can use Swoop to land and attack
- Swoop: Orders the Locust to land at the targeted location, allowing it to attack
- Blinding Cloud range increased from 10 to 11
- Point Defense Drone duration decreased from 180 seconds to 20 seconds
Bonus damage versus massive air units decreased from +50 damage to +14 damage.
U kraćim crtama, Swarm Host se više neće burrowati, i biti će slabiji mid game, ali sa kasnijim upgradeom Flying Locust može ići preko force-fieldova i totalno dominirati u ZvT-u i ZvP-u.
Nove mape koje dolaze iduću sezonu su:
- Expedition Lost
- Vaani Research Station
- Inferno Pools
- Cactus Valley
- Iron Fortress
Za slike pogledati Blizardov post.